AAUW Greater Naples Branch
Director for Development
The Development Officer shall:
- Plan and develop fundraising events and activities to raise money for the branch budget and for the Greater Naples AAUW Charitable Foundation, Inc.
- Be knowledgeable of the AAUW national fundraising Policy 501.
- Be knowledgeable about AAUW programs that can help meet fundraising goals.
- Ensure the intent of donors is honored.
- Obtain approval from the Branch Board for all fundraising activities and events benefiting the branch or AAUW and the approval of the branch president for all printed communications relating to same.
- Obtain approval from the Greater Naples AAUW Charitable Foundation, Inc. Board for all fundraising activities and events benefiting the Foundation and for all communications relating to same.
- Understand the budget needs of the branch and Foundation and the fundraising goals of each.
- Work with the Communications Director to promote these goals and needs on the website, newsletter, and at branch meetings.
- Promptly submit any donations received to the Branch Finance Officer (donations to the Branch or AAUW) or Foundation Treasurer (donations to the Foundation) as appropriate.
- Work with other branch officers and committees to integrate fundraising with other priorities
- Participate in fundraising trainings such as AAUW webinars, AAUW workshops, or opportunities provided by other professional outlets as practicable.