AAUW Greater Naples Branch
Director for Public Policy
The Director for Public Policy shall:
- Chair a non-partisan public policy committee, and recruit committee members, to develop a branch public policy program consistent with the AAUW Mission, using the AAUW Public Policy Priorities as a guide. The annual legislative and social action issues for branch action must be approved by the board.
- Advocate for AAUW priorities to policy makers, elected and appointed officials, AAUW members, and, if requested to do so by the president, to the public and the media.
- Lead AAUW voter education and turnout campaigns for the branch.
- Maintain regular contact with the AAUW Florida Public Policy chair to keep the branch members informed and to share successful branch strategies with state leaders.
- Provide current information on national, state, and local legislative/social action issues through regular reports at board and branch meetings, and in the branch newsletter.
- Keep informed on Legal Advocacy Fund cases and provide current information through reports at branch meetings.