AAUW Greater Naples Branch
Director for Membership
The Director for Membership shall:
- Have responsibility for developing and maintaining branch membership in compliance with AAUW membership policies.
- Shall chair a membership committee and recruit committee members to assist in planning and implementing recruitment and retention strategies, and in analyzing data on branch membership renewals, recruitment, and reasons for non-renewal. Develop a membership action plan with specific and measurable goals, with the overarching goal that every member and prospective member perceive that they are welcomed and valued.
- Develop and manage a process for the integration and orientation of new members.
- Seek out opportunities to promote AAUW membership at branch and community events.
- Maintain (or cause to be maintained) a membership book (directory) containing, in alphabetical order, the names, addresses and telephone numbers of all members and shall maintain a version of the membership book retaining the names and addresses of former members.
- Promptly inform the Directors for Finance and Communications all changes in members’ contact information.
- Coordinate with the Directors for Communications, Program and Public Policy to promote member development and engagement.
- Coordinate with the Director of Finance to ensure proper collection and processing of membership applications and dues.
- Promptly deliver to the Director of Finance all membership dues received and all member information required to be submitted to AAUW and AAUW Florida.
- Have responsibility with the Director for Finance for notifying members of dues payable and delinquent, and keep the Director for Finance informed on a timely basis of all new and terminated members.
- Submit to AAUW and AAUW Florida all membership reports and information required by AAUW to be submitted by the membership officer.
- Maintain copies of all communications issued by her or on her behalf to all members.
- Attend and participate in membership and leadership trainings via webinars, workshops, and conventions/conferences.
- Perform all other duties incident to the office as the board may prescribe from time to time.
The Director for Membership may nominate one or more assistants (such as Directory Chair, Recruitment Chair, Retention Chair, Hospitality Chair, and/or Member Relations Chair) who may be appointed by the president with the approval of the board or the executive committee. If assistants are appointed, the Director for Membership may delegate to such assistants any of her duties specified herein, with the prior approval of the board or executive committee.