AAUW Greater Naples Branch
Director for School & Community Relations
The Director for School & Community shall:
- Develop and formulate school and community programs and make recommendations concerning implementation of programs based on support by branch members.
- In consultation with the president, make necessary chair appointments to carry out the functions of the school/community relations programs:
- STEAM Girls Count Conference for fifth grade girls, and their parents/guardians, in the Collier County Public Schools.
- Reading is Fun in the Collier County Public Schools.
- Scholar Bowl in the Collier County Public Schools
- AAUW Salary Negotiation Workshops – Start Smart and Work Smart.
- AAUW Florida Tech Trek
3. Interface with the Greater Naples AAUW Charitable Foundation, Inc. Board concerning budgeting and funding for the programs its supports.
4. Support and oversee the program chairs to ensure good follow through, making sure publicity and news are timely, and encouraging branch member backing.
5. Facilitate communication between the chairs and the Collier County School Districts in support of the branch school & community programs.
6. Report to the branch relevant Collier County School Board decisions that impact the above programs.
7. Annually report to the membership the names of the current recipients of the branch’s endowments:
#4243 Greater Naples (FL) Branch American Fellowship
#4031 Frances Pew Hayes/Greater Naples (FL) Branch Community Action Grant.